This actually works on any webpage or website not only to blogs. If you fiddle around your <html> tags and are familiar to <html> structure then you can follow this simple instructions and make your blog or website save some energy while the user is busy opening tabs or opening a new window.
Let us help save Mother earth.
Full instructions written below:
1. Login to your blogger dashboard--> Your Blog --> Template --> Edit HTML
2. Scroll down to where you see </head> tag .
3. Copy below code and paste it just before the </head> tag .
5. Now go your blogger dashboard and go to Desing --&-- Page Elements.
6.Click on 'Add a Gadget' on the sidebar.
Note: Replace ?time=60 with the number of seconds you would like to define the time interval.which will set the time of inactivity to 2 minutes (60 seconds)
1. Find the </head>, put the script in number 3.
2. Find a place near the end and put the script in number 7.